Seize the chance to engage and learn with women working in a variety of sectors and roles, drawn from different ethnicities, backgrounds and geographies and share experiences, perspectives.
Women in Leadership is about:
- Providing a great opportunity to learn, develop and connect with a group of female leaders
- Create safe and reflective spaces so that each of you can explore and develop your leadership potential, power, and preferences as female leaders
- Working with you with integrity and compassion, so you are equipped and confident in helping achieve equity, inclusivity, and diversity across the leadership landscape
- Embracing a learning culture by seeking out and sharing fresh thinking and innovative ‘rebel’ ideas to support your personal development and growth
- Leaving a learning legacy of courageous, confident and inclusive female leaders
Our aims and objectives – About YOU being and staying a more confident leader by:
- Understanding the organisational landscape for women and the barriers to women’s leadership
- Developing strategies for successfully dealing with these challenges
- Equipping you with a better understanding of how you show up in the system, empowering you to carry out and lead change more effectively
- Accelerating your organisation’s progress towards inclusion and diversity
WIL Programme Themes
- Strengthening women’s understanding, vision and contribution to leadership
- Understanding your values and how these impact in work.
- Gendered norms of leadership and how we manage these
- Imposter Syndrome- what does it mean to us.
- How to thrive and survive as female leaders in the current systems
- Developing leadership which encourages inclusivity and empowerment
Our commitment to each other:
- To deliver as agreed on the WiL programme’s core aspects
- Model and be upfront about our key learning objectives
- Invest in understanding current leadership context and share learning through our WiL quarterly update meetings
- Recognise, value and use the breadth of skills/experience we each bring
- Actively avoid ‘fixing’
- Build in time for individual and collective reflection
- Enable and encourage collective listening and learning
- Appreciate it’s not about us: we’re not experts
- Notice and be conscious of our own airtime.
- Keep to our agreed times as facilitators
- Be present throughout the programme
- Commit to enabling everyone (facilitators and participants) to really gain from their time